Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's black and white and red all over?

Right...two new bags that are made from black and white and red suits.
I used the hardware and handles from an old purse.
After using this purse all weekend (I HAVE to see if they are usable or not!)
I've decided it's my favorite one yet.

I love the back pocket: The center stripe is from men's suit pants and
fits my sunglasses and keys perfectly.

The section on the left is the sleeve...




The section on the right is the front outside pocket of a different jacket
and perfectly fits my cell phone. Again---hate searching for it in a hurry.
And see what I mean about the labels?
"Stock Options" So adorable.



The second one here is made with some of the same jacket but the center fabric is a denim twill fabric that is sturdy and so cute---black and white stripe. I added an outside water bottle pocket out of the sleeve of the black and white houndstooth but not sure I like it. Maybe I'll redo it with snaps so that it can be removeable.








The inside is lined with red silk from a thrift store blouse.



I'm trying to figure out how to make a new website for the purses so that that isn't all that gets put on my blog even though it's what is taking most of my time lately. That way you can totally skip it if you want or just click on a link and go directly there.
I don't think I'll stop sewing these purses anytime soon. I have two more cut out and ideas for so many more. A spare closet has my recent purchases hanging there calling me to make them beautiful and wanted again. How can I say no?


10 comments:

Sarah said...

They're beautiful, Karen! You could make a killing off of these!

Kristen Moss said...

wow, seriously amazing! maybe I should pay you to make me one.

Sarah said...

you know, I got to thinking last night...If you made one just a little larger it would be great for a baby bag, particularly for a mom with two kids...Just sayin' :)

Tara said...

hmmm. good idea sarah! Seriously though, so beautiful!

Tammy said...

So after seeing it in person... I really need a Karen bag! so cute!

Victoria said...

Mom. Will you make me a backpack? With a sleeve for a water-bottle-holder?
Please?
love,
your-favorite-tori

Hobbs Family said...

Super Cute! You are so talented! I think I might just need one of those or two or maybe three!!!!

Butch and Lydia said...

Sarah just told me about your purses yesterday...they are FABULOUS! You do beautiful work! :)

kylie lloyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kylie lloyd said...

Karen you're sch a cutie. I love your purses they are adorable, what a novel idea.