Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Spring Spring

So. Time has flown and dragged significantly since the last time I posted. The more time had passed the less I was inclined to write anything or post any pictures. It's not for a lack of subject matter by any means because there have been a million things happen this year. Not sure why I put off writing but it finally got to a point where I decided I'll see if I can go a year between postings but I can't. See how bad I am at reaching goals? I can't even stick to a year long procrastination but quit a month early. I am pitiful.

Anyway. I woke up this morning to another beautiful (I know my Barros relatives are so not agreeing with me right now) day in the neighborhood. Cool weather, 52 degrees, cloudy/sunny skies, clear air. Spring is usually my very least favorite season due to its shortness (sometimes a week or two at the most) and its heralding of summer that is always too hot and too long. But this year? It has lasted and lasted and lasted. A few warm days every once in a while and then right back to cool, wet and windy. It was lovely for long enough to have our trees all get a good set of fruit, the garden is growing and the grass is brilliant green. But cool enough to wear sweaters for more than one month, I'm still okay in shoes and socks most of the time, and long pants feel good. But still, every day I wake up wondering if this is it. The beginning of the end. For some reason my pessimistic nature won't allow me to enjoy it fully. but secretly I cheer and hoot at the beauty and wonder of a cool and long spring.

If this is global warming, bring it on.

1 comment: